Embrace Downtown Redding with a Trail through the City
STREETS ALIVE! Family Bicycling Day California Street, Downtown Redding
Sunday May 3, 9:00 – 4:00
Love your Family. Love your downtown. Love your bike. It’s an event unlike any other.
BRINGING SMILES AND NEW PERSPECTIVE On this day a stretch of downtown Redding is transformed into a car-free zone for Sunday enjoyment. Family, friends and neighbors meet and experience downtown in a new way. Area residents learn about businesses and neighborhood attractions previously unexplored. People see their downtown district from a new perspective.
This is an “inside-out parade,” where people themselves are the parade, participating in activities and enjoying a walk or ride on a beautiful spring Sunday – local restaurants and shops are the attractions.
Families and friends walk, bicycle or skate the short distance from nearby neighborhoods or the River Trail. Local businesses produce open-house promotional events showcasing what’s great about downtown.
Come out and celebrate what’s best about our community, supporting business and enjoying our beautiful city.
It’s a free-form parade where everyone participates. And it’s not just for bicycles! The open-street makes it fun and safe to walk, skip, skate, dance and bicycle along California Street.
COMMUNITY TOGETHER Thank you! to our generous sponsors
DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES JOIN THE CELEBRATION
Where can I get tasty food and drink? Good Question!
- Déjà Vu Restaurant & Espresso Café
- Yaadgar Restaurant Indian & Pakistani Food
- Spoon Me Frozen Yogurt and Waffles
- Shameless O’Leary’s Redding’s Irish Gastropub
- Angelo’s Pizza Pizza by the slice and salad bar
- Bombay’s Bar Open 2pm.
- Sr. Rosa’s Mexican Food
- Grilla Bites Fresh healthy food. Ethiopian specials
- Cinders Wood Fired Pizza
- Maxwell’s Downtown Eatery
- Corbett’s Restaurant Family Style Restaurant · Breakfast & Brunch 7:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Kahunas Mongolia BBQ American-style, it’s all about the choices! 11:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Woody’s Brewing Company Tasty food and locally brewed beer.
Where can I shop? So many options!
- Carousel Women’s clothing. 20% storewide downtown celebration sale
- For Elyse Contemporary boutique for women and men.
- Enjoy the Store Fine gifts and edibles.
- Westwood Supply Men’s clothing and skate shop.
- California Street Shop American Made Goods – Clothing Accessories & More.
- Bog Bean Books and Music All ages entertainment source at reasonable prices.
- In-Dwelling Furniture and art pieces.
- Herreid Music Fine instruments and accessories since 1962.
- Oregon Street Antique Mall Antiques and Art Gallery.
A FEW OF THE ACTIVITIES ALONG THIS TRAIL THROUGH THE CITY
- Music staged along the route.
- Downtown Businesses are Open! Local shops, cafes, clothing stores and restaurants will all be open on this special Sunday.
- Foundry Square Activity Zone. The businesses in Foundry Square invite you to stop by! Enjoy the Porch-on-the-Parade all day at the California Street Shop
- North State Studios. Stop by the studio and see recent work by Nigel Skeet and other local artists.
- Pedicab rides!
- Bicycle Repair Station. Free. Has your bicycle been in the garage for too long? Stop by for a quick tune-up and repair by professionals from Village Cycle.
- RABA Bike-on-Bus demos. Stop by and try out the bike rack and get a feel for how easy it is to take your bike on the bus.
- Freedom From Training Wheels course. For young children and parents. Bicycles and helmets for use by children who did not bring their own.
- Bicycle Decoration Station and Girls Bicycle Parade. By Girls Inc. Stop by the decoration station to add a little bling to your ride. The girls will parade along the route at noon.
- Survey & Raffle. Give us your thoughts about how to build better bikeways – on a short survey. We share the data with local transportation officials to help inform downtown improvements.
- Bicycle Blender. Ride a bicycle and make a smoothie! by Healthy Shasta.
- BMX demos. Ride like you’re invisible, not invincible. At 11am and 2pm.
- Downtown Redding Historical photos and information. Ask the friendly historians from the Shasta Historical Society
- Longboard demo and parade, by Board Mart
- Tails of Rescue, kittens and dogs in Library Park
- Trinity Alps Chamber Players – Spring Preview Concert. Free Shasta Arts Council, Old City Hall 2:00 p.m. – 3:30p.m.
- Mix 101, Live Radio broadcast at Foundry Square
WOULD YOU LIKE TO ADD AN ACTIVITY? For questions or more information contact Event Director : Anne Thomas
MORE INFORMATION – Click Here