Bike to Work & Everywhere Day!
May 10th 2024
Sponsored by Dignity Health
Friday May 10th is a perfect day for biking, and we hope to encourage and inspire thousands of people to participate in Bike to Work and Everywhere Day!
It’s bike to everywhere day – It’s meant to be inspiring to everyone, it’s inclusive. It’s a good reminder you can get on your bike to go to work, to go see friends and run errands. Everyone on two wheels can share in the activities and celebration.
An annual media and public encouragement event
With the completion of our new facilities soon (yay!) – Shasta Living Streets is ready to host this annual event to support and encourage people across the county – and region.
– Marketing to share resources available to everyone and how to use: Shasta Bike Depot, Secure Bike Parking Station, Redding Bikeshare, Bikes on RABA, Downtown. Printed, social & major media campaigns.
– Loop Trail, local groups, summer biking events, mapped riding routes, city resources. Events: Redding/Shasta Bike Depot, Anderson, Shasta Lake City
– Public Social Media Campaign: “Bike Wherever!” “Ride with a Friend” We will encourage individuals to share their ride with their friends. To build community and broaden the awareness of how many people love to ride.
Bikes are an important part of our transportation network. Today, cities in Shasta County are making investments to help people feel safe to take more trips by bike, because biking reduces roadway traffic, supports business, and reduces emissions that cause climate change. Biking in our region has been seen as a cultural asset since the 1890s, and it’s now a focus for local tourism.
Making bicycling safe, convenient and fun for everyday transportation brings tremendous advantages – it allows families to be healthy and save money on transportation, makes more vibrant and connected communities, and supports our local businesses by helping them attract customers, retain talented staff and attract tourists.
Bicycling it turns out, is good for all of us whether we bicycle or not, because it’s good for local business and the strength of our community.
Past Activities Included
- Redding’s First Parklet & City Policy for other businesses
- Downtown Connector Loop Trail, Articles, Maps,Tours
- Diestelhorst to Downtown Celebration, 2,500 people
- E-bike 101 Bike Tours
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival, Inspiring Local Activism
- Cargo Bike Raffle & Winner!
- Bike Tours: Family Biking & Teen Skill Building
- Charles Marohn: Transportation for a Strong Town
- Neighborhood Slow Street signs
- Reflection Point Placemaking Trail Project $20,000
- Great Central Valley Bicycle Route, Redding to Bakersfield
- Try Biking, It’s Friday!
- Safer Streets Workshop UC SafeTREC, S.Market & Pine St.
- Invited presenter: National Walk/Bike/Places Conference