What makes a vibrant downtown? We do!
BIKE – WALK – SHOP – DINE – PLAY – LIVE!
Check it out –
Public Bicycle Repair Station! Ride by Coffee Bar and check out the beautiful new bike parking and public bicycle repair station! Stop in before 6 p.m. and tell them “thank you!”
Make an early evening visit to Vintage Wine Bar and Restaurant for Friday Happy Hour 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. 25% discount on appetizers; $3 pints; $1 discounts on a glass of wine. Check the website for the live music schedule, starting at 8pm.
Late night in downtown check out Café Paradisio. Enjoy $5 happy hour specials from 10pm to 1 am every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. The late night menu includes delicious grilled cheese and fried egg sandwhiches, and new additions are coming soon, that will include Hawaiian chicken or salmon on the late night menu.
Quotes from Downtown Business Owners
“We are glad to see the bike lanes in Downtown Redding and are looking forward to seeing more bike racks to make it easier for people to park their bikes safely. We encourage people to ride their bicycles to our restaurant – We look forward to seeing you!” – Steven and Barbara Berger, Café Paradisio.
“I’m buying a bicycle now because the bike lanes make it possible for me to ride from my house to work!” –Alex Gaxiola, Co-Owner, Vintage Wine Bar and Restaurant
“I’m really excited there are these new improvements now and I can feel good about my kids riding around downtown.”—Janis Logan, Co-Owner, Vintage Wine Bar and Restaurant
“I’m really jazzed” about the bike repair station, “you don’t have to carry tools. There’s a pump. … Sometimes I sit out here. I see people passing by, and they have a flat ride. This is something where they can stop by and fix their bike.” – Jim Koenigsaecker, Chief Executive officer of Innovations Housing, owner of Coffee Bar.
This is a four-week series where we ride downtown with friends and family.
- Discover how easy it is to get around with the new street improvements.
- Take this opportunity to see businesses you did not know were downtown.
- Have dinner at place that’s new to you.
- Enjoy the fun of seeing people you know ride by and bicycles you recognize parked at downtown venues—spontaneous connections and have conversations!
- Meet new people who like to ride in Redding and Shasta County. You might be surprised by how large the cycling tribe is!
- Discover how many bicycle friendly businesses are downtown—as they welcome riders with discounts and promotions.