Innovation – Community Renewal – People Powered – Downtown Play – Public Goodwill – Business Focus – Beautification – Transformation
This is a three-day event only.
Mark your calendars for September 17, 18, 19
Be sure to come by and enjoy for a morning coffee, lunch, or for one of the evening receptions each day.
1729 California Street
It’s fun and creative – we are working together and trying out new things. The collaborative businesses and groups are excited about the benefits of a vibrant downtown Redding with safe and inviting spaces for walking, bicycling and social interaction that supports local businesses.
WHAT IS THIS EVENT?
It’s a temporary, community-led project to look at downtown Redding from the perspective of community members and business owners and pilot new ways to build the community we want – today!
We will get creative, share new ideas and create immeasurable goodwill for local businesses and the downtown district.
The three-day event includes
- A people-friendly outdoor seating area creating a parklet and a bicycle corral, with other living streets features such as creative wayfinding signs. This is a public park, and is open all day to the public.
- A culinary and local business pop-up offering local gourmet foods and gifts. The Market Hall will be open from 7:30 a.m to 10:00 p.m. each day, with breakfast, lunch, and an evening reception each day.
ITS A COLLABORATIVE DOWNTOWN PROJECT
- Enjoy Magazine feature article: Experiencing Pop-Ups and Parklets in Downtown Redding Move over Portlandia. Step aside, Seattle. Redding is about to adopt some urban vibe. For three days in September, a trio of coordinators and a host of believers will transform and showcase a few tiny downtown spaces in hopes of making big marks on the urban scene.
- Worldwide Park(ing) day is Friday September 18.
- Downtown Transportation Planning Public Outreach meeting the following week, Sept 24th. This project helps support the planning process for downtown improvements. downtownreddingtransportationplan.com
- Viva Downtown Beer and Wine Festival in the Market Street Promenade, Saturday, Sept 19.
Organizations Leading this project: Shasta Living Streets, Enjoy The Store and Cascade Square
Architect: Ryan Russell Studio
Major Sponsors: Dignity Health, Mix 101, Enjoy Magazine, Aztec Construction
Participating Businesses include: (in)dwelling, Amarte Salon & Spa, California Street Shop, Dulceblomma Floral Design, Scout Coffee, Carnegie’s Restaurant, Tantardini’s Bakery-Deli, Sierra Nevada, Premiere Catering, Carousel, View 202, Spoon Me, Cicada Cantina, O’Leery’s Irish Pub, Cicada Cantina, Moseley Family Cellers, LUCY Hair Enhancement, Foundry Square, Kateley & Kristiansson, Inc., Red Arrow Media, Sierra Pacific, Sierra Pacific Windows, Healthy Shasta, Spoon Me, J & A Food Service, Shasta Historical Society, and more!
Thank you! to City of Redding and Caltrans District 2 for collaboratively working with us on this first-ever parklet on a Caltrans managed roadway!
Graphic parklet images courtesy of Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition and the Active Streets LA participatory planning program.
YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN US & GET INVOLVED
If you would like to be involved in the build-out of the parklet and other features over the next few weeks, contact Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org
MARKET HALL PARKLET POP-UP EVENT
THURSDAY-SATURDAY, SEPT. 17-19, 2015
1729 CALIFORNIA STREET
Call (530) 246-4687 EXT. 4
Email Anne at email@example.com