Beer saved the world, Bicycles are next!
Hang out with friends, eat, have a beer or two, enjoy the live music—and support better bicycling in our community while you’re at it!
You don’t need to ride a bike but it’s a great opportunity to ride downtown for a fun evening with other people who love to cycle and are working to make our community a more livable place.
Portions of the proceeds from the evening will be donated to Shasta Living Streets.
Beer Saved the World: Egyptian texts contain 100 medical prescriptions calling for beer. * Since beer went through fermentation the alcohol present effectively made it cleaner than water. * Beer saved millions from giardia and worse. * Midwives created ultra-strong beer to ease the pain of labor. * Louis Pasteur studied beer and it led him to invent pasteurization and discover the existence of bacteria, which led to treatments for smallpox and polio. More information: Beer Facts And How It Saved The World
Bicycles are Saving the World:
- An opportunity for regional world-class advantage in active living
- Local business, tourism, and strengthening our regional economy
- A lifestyle choice for young people and their families
- Improvements in individual health and lower community health costs
- Safer road conditions for everyone – driving, walking and riding
- Easy, fast commute times that leave you feeling energized
- Friendlier communities and business districts
- Reducing costs of maintaining our road and transportation network
- Independence, confidence, and better school performance for children and teens who ride to school and for errands
- Adding joy to life