Shasta Living Streets is a local nonprofit organization dedicated to building better bikeways and trails, walkable cities and vibrant public places in Shasta County.
We believe when we couple superior facilities for active transportation and public space with our existing world-class recreational attractions – we will ensure our region excels as a place for families and businesses to thrive and as a destination for visitors.
How we do this
We host inspirational events and workshops
- Streets Alive! Family Bicycling Day, May
- Jamboree Rides and Big Bike Weekend, October
- Best Foot Forward: Downtown Redding, May 2015
- Pop-up Living Streets and Market Hall, September 2015
We support our community with collaborative campaigns, products and services
- Promotional and educational materials and media
- Valet Bicycle Parking at the Farmers’ Marketand at local events.
- Trail projects and maintenance
- Campaign support for better bikeways, walkable cities and trails
- Safety information and legislative updates
- And so much more!
On behalf of our supporters, we are proud to contribute to and receive support from important alliances: we are
- One of 16 Affiliate Partner of the California Bicycle Coalition
- Network Partner of California Walks
- Patron Member of American Trails
- Network Member of the organizers of Open Street programs worldwide