Shasta Living Streets has been successful in our initial two years by an all-volunteer effort. The program is led by Anne Wallach Thomas and an active core team of advisors and supporters.
We welcome everyone interested and have a wide variety of ways to support and be involved. We put dedicated thought and work into what we do to support our community – but also, we have an understanding that what we do will be fun.
- One way to get involved is to send an email, and discuss with a member of the core team what would best fit with your schedule and interests.
- Another way is to follow the facebook site (or send us your email address), for notices of events and requests for volunteers.
- Join us for our salon-type meetings where we get together to discuss ideas and plans for upcoming activities. We currently meet on first Wednesdays at 6:30pm.
- Tell us about the event or activity you have planned, and we will communicate it to our members to generate support and help spread the word.
- Add your name or business to the list of supporters who want to see more opportunities for bicycling and walking for everyday transportation and health in our community.
Types of activities you can help with: strategy and event planning; fundraising; outreach and communication with local groups; writing projects and website updates; volunteering at events like Family Biking Day in April, parklet events, speaking engagements, and annual bicycle counts in September; providing letters of support for local city or county infrastructure proposals; attending events and working with kids; speaking at City and County board meetings. And especially – coming up with your own ideas and activities that will help promote living streets across the North State.
We are beginning to plan a couple of big events for next spring and would love to have your help. Thank you.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Connected: Facebook: Shasta Living Streets